1/27/11

Another snow day...

Snow fell at a steady pace all of yesterday and really picked up towards the evening. Around 8pm, while I was sitting on the floor playing with the girls, there was suddenly a bright flash of light. Perplexed, my husband and I looked at each other, "what the hell was that?!" he asked. Then came the loud rumble of the sky... oh great, thunderstorm. Or, rather thundersnow, since it was still snowing outside. The sounds of thunderstorms always scares me, I was only comforted by Audrey who said to us, "It's okay, don't be scared, it's just a thunderstorm." Ah, that girl is so sweet and mature for her age sometimes. Sometimes. :)

It's bad out there though. School has been cancelled and the husband is working from home. I have to admit that I really enjoy the quiet weekdays I have with Ella. We spend the morning together, in quiet peace. Then I work when she goes down for her 3 hour nap. This morning, there was a lot of screaming and crying, from Audrey. *rolls eyes*

Right now all is quiet. Ella is napping while Audrey is playing by herself outside... and I am still able to get my "me time" in the comfort and peace of my room. I started on a digital project, but ran out of AAA batteries which prompted me to purchase some rechargeables on Amazon. Then I attempted to make a card, but the tedious process of cutting all the little flowers seems annoying right now, so I left that alone... So now I'm here, just tapping away and reflecting on my 2010 achievements.

I achieved the two goals I set for myself... the first is to get published in CARDS magazine and/or Paper Crafts. Check on both. :) And the second is to get on the Design Team of a major paper manufacturer. Check (thank you Pebbles, Inc.). I'm thrilled with the progress I've made (and the friends I've made this past year along the way). I hope 2011 will be just as promising. I'm looking to focus more on scrapbooking/storytelling and bringing you some fresh inspiration.

That's all from me today. :)