1/29/10

My first 12x12 layout...



What do you think?

I haven't created a card all week because I was so busy brainstorming what my first layout would be and I finally started - and finished this yesterday.

It is so different from making a card. I actually had a few boo-boo's, elements that I glued down and decided I didn't like. I used paper to cover it up, so wasteful since it's 12x12! Overall, I thought it was pretty challenging. But, I like challenging myself and think about it, when you make cards, you give it away... with scrapbooking, it's something that you create and will turn into precious memories and keepsakes for many, many years.

Stamps: Papertrey Fancy Flourishes, Hero Arts Friendship Messages, Technique Tuesday Ali Edwards Loving Words, A muse Numbers

19 comments:

  1. Wow! I like it! A LOT! Your colors and placement of the photos are fabulous! You should submit it to the CK or scrapbooking magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is incredible! I love the bright colours and the whole design!
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's fabulous ! I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! beautiful layout! love the happy colors and the design is fab!! love it! and yes! submit it! they will pick you for sure!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did GREAT!!! Your talent shines through!
    I hope it's the first of many more?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow fantastic!!! Welcome to teh scrapbooking world

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your layout turned out very beautiful! I love the bright colors and the swirls. Unbelievable this is your first.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Stunning colors and LO!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, you did an awesome job! Love your colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just perfect Kryssi - what a gorgeous LO! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is an adorable layout. I love the bright colors, and your photos are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Simply Beautiful . . . and I'm sure this definitely won't be your last LO! Great Work! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This layout is absolutely beautiful and perfect!!! Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW,can I just say, I LOVE THIS!!! I wish my first 12x12 looked this good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this is adorable Kryssi!!! Love it! Awesome job! I wish I could create beautiful scrapbook layouts!

    Hugs,
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful! Love the bright colours and the stamped flourishes.

    ReplyDelete