10/22/11

Market Street Stamps Guest Designer

Hello, I am the guest designer over at Market Street Stamps today!

But first, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MARKET STREET STAMPS!!! Wishing you wonderful folks many, many more!

I have created a few projects to showcase the versatility of these awesome stamps!

My mother in law was never a great cook, but she was amazing at making soups. My husband grew up with a big pot of piping hot soup on the stove every night. He loved it. I loved it. Before she passed away in 2007, one of the last things she did was pass her recipes down to me. At the time, I diligently wrote them down by hand and eventually typed it all up. It was always on the back of my mind to make a little soup recipe book. When I saw the big pot image in Comfort Food -- it clicked! Here is my mother in law's collection of heartwarming soups...


I used Perfectly Pretty Grid for the background. Love all of MSS's background stamps!

I wrote a little tribute to her...




All the recipes are handwritten to give it a heartfelt feel... if that makes sense. I want my girls to pick this up one day and see my handwriting instead of something I printed from the computer. It is one way I thought could connect one generation to another.

I also made a matching card...


Now any of my friends can tell you that I am an avid cook. I created my own recipe book of my favorite recipes that I've collected throughout the years. When you're cooking 4-5x a week, it's so easy to get into a rut and forget to make the really good stuff. I don't want to deprive my family of my yummiest creations, so this recipe book will serve as an inspiration when I "just don't know what to cook for dinner tonight!" I've also sneaked in a few top secret dessert recipes!



The inside of the pages were stamped with Vintage Notepad.


And a last card using Comfort Food!

11 comments:

  1. You SO rock the MSS Blog today, Kryssi! What amazing and inspiring recipe book that you made!! LOVE it to pieces!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHHH! Kryssi! I love love love this recipe book! AMAZING! GORGEOUS papers and super cute design...and I LOVE those stamps! FAB FAB FAB:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE all of these....The Book is so Special...the recipe book Rocks and the card you made is sooooo Souper Cute!! Love your designs Kryssi....xoxoxo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every project is very inspiring and they all are soo cute and well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your recipe books!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous cookbook! Will come back for your Paper Smooches card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great array of these stamps. love the little cook book, what a great gift she gave you passing along her recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your creativity...that mini recipe book is so awesome...loving these new stamps..thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  9. the mini recipe book will be a treasured keepsake! your handwriting is so cool! btw--love your new blog design and pic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I love your soup recipe book! Your hand writing is gorgeous and your little text, touching! I would love to see what's inside! Very inspiring! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete