11/17/11

Case Study #66

Hello, welcome to another week with CASE Study where yours truly is the muse/guest designer for the month!

This week we are CASE-ing this card that first appeared on this post HERE.

Peace & Love

I have to admit that this card is not my normal style, there's embossing, distressing, die cutting, coloring -- wow, just typing all that out got me tired! Yes, I am a lazy stamper. But every once in awhile, I do break out all the goods and create something out of my comfort zone!

So, here's my CASE-d card, dramatically watered down, haha!


Instead of embossing, I went with Stickles for the "snow. No die cuts for the sentiment, just plain ole stamp and ink on paper. I kept the house elements and colored them in. So, it wasn't a total cop-out of laziness. I used a very old but loved Doodlebug stamp set, the name escapes me because I bought it when I first started stamping and didn't think to retain the packaging or the name of the stamp set! Doh! Anyways, hope you get a chance to play along, would love to see which elements you pick from this card!

7 comments:

  1. So fun and colorful Kryssi! I love the white space and those adorable houses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love both your wonderful cards! There is something about buildings that always fascinate me on cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love both versions, Kryssi! I'm a lazy stamper too, but neither version of these looks lazy to me! Gorgeous! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such cute cards Kryssi! Congrats on the guest spot!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH OH OH! This is so cute---congrats on the GDT!! LOVE that you used stickles instead of embossing:) THUD--that's soo clever! Great card:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both so fabulous!!! Love them for different reasons--love the first because it's so unique and love the second for the white space and vibrant colors!!! :)

    ReplyDelete